This course – like the other courses developed for strategic employers who invest in their employees in order to grow, sustain and optimize revenues – will train either:
(a) an existing employee, or
(b) a new hire.
The training course provides the skills and hands-on experience that makes a positive impact on an SME’s top line within the first quarter of starting the program; as well as a positive impact on the SME’s bottom line within the first year of starting the course.
This course runs for 3 months, including weekly on-site instruction by the Trainer(s) at the company’s offices/facility. The total cost of tuition, course materials, and tech applications is $4,950 per employee per month.
Up to $10,000 of the total cost per employee is reimbursed and paid for by a government grant called the ‘Canada-BC Job Grant‘ that has been created in partnership between the federal Canada Job Grant and B.C.’s WorkBC.
- Learn how to build your own beautiful website using WordPress.
- You will learn how to design pages, menus, sidebars, footers, and create a professional and modern website.
- Add video from Youtube to your pages.
- Learn how to add images to pages and posts.
- Learn how to find and install themes.
- You will know how to find and install plugins.
- You learn how to back up your WordPress website in case of emergency.
- You learn how to set up email opt-in forms throughout your website.
- You learn how to increase social sharing of your posts and pages with free plugins.
- You will know how to set up comments and contact pages, while blocking spam.
- You will know how to speed up your website with caching plugins.
- Google Adwords ad campaigns set-up, with a landing page for each campaign and A/B split testing incorporated for both campaigns by trainee/employee with Trainer oversight.
- You will know how to make your website secure and protected from hackers.
- Integration of existing Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts by trainee/employee with Trainer oversight.
- Keyword research, resulting in a Keyword Map for each website created by trainee/employee.
- Content strategy, resulting in a content creation & publication flow-chart and 3 relevant, quality blog posts for each website by trainee/employee.
- Mobile responsive website plugin by trainee/employee with Trainer oversight, resulting in mobile responsive website + browser test results.
Upon completing this program you will feel confident in your ability to update and manage your website or your company's website.
Grading and Certification
There are 6 projects of equal weight. Each will be graded for both quality and implementation.
30% of the total course mark for project quality and 35% of the total course mark for project implementation. They will be graded as they are submitted.
There will also be a final exam quiz worth 35% of the total course mark that covers how to set-up and manage a WordPress website.
The three sets of marks will be compiled into a letter grade and a certificate will be issued.
Ready to get started? Have questions? Contact me.
Enroll before Oct 20th to receive the next round of Grant money. Get up to 2/3 of the cost covered by Government Grants.
Six Steps To Becoming a Competent WordPress Manager
Module 1 - Introduction to WordPress
- Navigating the WordPress Dashboard
- Installing a mobile responsive WP Theme
- Creating Pages
- Creating the Navigation
- Introduction to the Setting Area
- Introduction to the Media Library
- Understanding Widgets
- Understanding Menus
Module 2 - Adding content to WordPress
- Keyword research
- Developing content strategy
- Add Content to Pages
- Create Blog Posts
- Add Video to Pages and Posts
- Add Images to Pages and Posts
- Insert Links
- Add the Navigation
- Design Sidebars and Widgets
Module 3 - Essential WordPress Plugins
Plugins are like small software systems that integrate with WordPress. Example: Contact forms, social media share buttons, and caching systems to speed up your website load time.
- How to Find, Install, and Activate a Plugin
- Back Up Your Website - Automatically and For Free
- Secure Your Website to Prevent Hackers and Malicious Files
- SEO Plugins that Help Your Site Rank in Google Search
- View the Analytics of Your Site
- Social Media Sharing
- Speed Up Your Website with Caching Plugins
- Block Comment and Contact Form Spam
Module 4 - Design a Professional Website That Works
- How to Design a Home Page that Works
- How To Design a Service and Product Page that Works
- The Start Here Page (aka About Page)
- A Contact Page
- The FAQ Page
- Privacy Policies & Terms and Conditions
Module 5 - Blogging Like a Pro
- How to Write Epic Blog Content - that People Will LOVE
- Set Up Your Permalinks - to Make Your Site More SEO Friendly
- Using Tags & Categories - THE RIGHT WAY
- Scheduling Posts to Go Live Later On - Great for Batch Producing Content
Module 6 - Important WordPress Tips and Tricks
- How to Update WordPress Core Software
- Editing Images to a Custom Size Right in WordPress
- Easily Add a Google Map to Your Website
- Add a Slider to Your Website
Joe Griffith has worked in digital technology since the early 2000's. Since 2008, he has taught 100's of people how to become competent managers of WordPress. This will not be some dry boring course…you’ll have loads of fun while you learn new and cool tools to create your website!
Joe answered one question for me that made it worth more than the price of admission! I have already recommended this course to others and will continue to do so 🙂
~ Shannon Tressel
There’s lots of information on WordPress out there, but it can overwhelm the newbie. Joe offers good help and information that can help them navigate the WordPress world. There are no ‘dumb’ questions here. Joe was informative and giving of his time and expertise. Every time I go I learn more, which helps my bottom line.
~ Joe Stela
Joe was awesome! He is very knowledgeable with WordPress and does a great job explaining it to new users. I learned a lot from this one session.
~ Arvin Jimenez
I would like to thank you for having had the opportunity to attend your WordPress course. The wealth of material covered was astounding. The material was well prepared and the presentation pleasant, well structured and engaging.
The class was clearly enjoyed by all participants and we walked away a lot ‘wiser’!
~ Gabriele Flint
This was a great opportunity to learn what word press is about. Even though it touched the surface, for new users it gave a lot of insights how WordPress works and what it has to offer. Even though we could have gone for the whole day, Joe did an excellent job of covering the major points in creating the word press site. Furthermore what was unique he offered each student his or her own site to experience on while he introduced the different features.
~ Eric Berthoud